NYU Game Center 2022 Incubator Application: https://forms.gle/5CVAcT2jL1WvshCR8
Upcoming Key Dates
4/28 – Q&A Session for Applicants, 4:00-5:00pm on Zoom
5/13 – Applications Deadline (must submit by 5pm EST)
5/26 – Selected projects pitch and demo at 5:30-7:30pm EST via video conference
5/31 – Final Decisions Sent
We evaluate applicants with the following questions in mind:
1. Production Capability: Can this team clearly articulate goals for their game and do they have a plan to achieve them? Is this project at a point of development where it will benefit from being in the Incubator, and does the team have the capabilities to take it to its proposed finished state?
2. Audience Connection: Does the team have a clear vision for who the game is for? Does the project have innovative or distinctive elements that will enable it to resonate with that audience?
3. Community Contribution: Will this team thrive in and contribute to a collaborative co-working environment?
- Funding – $15,000 per team/game
- Mentorship – A committed Executive Producer
- Workshops – Practical workshops with industry experts
- Community Coworking space – Onsite collaboration space during Summer 2022
- Advisory Board – One-on-one or small group meetings, pitch practice, playtesting, etc with Incubator Advisors throughout the year
We expect the following from participating teams:
- Attendance and participation in program workshops, events, and coworking sessions
- Quarterly communication with Project Coordinator & Executive Producer
- Participation in public showcase at end of program
- Progress & financial reports submitted via email bi-annually (June 30th, December 30th)
- A revenue share on project income
Questions? Email Gwynna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are unable to meet with teams individually prior to the application deadline.
The NYU Game Center and the Incubator are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and safe space for applicants and participants. We welcome and highly encourage designers and developers from all backgrounds to apply.