If you’re making a game, you need to playtest! Bring your work-in-progress game and get feedback from fellow game makers! No game is too early in development for Playtest Thursday, and all types of games are welcome. Bring your board game, digital game, VR project, new sport, anything!
Here’s how to attend Playtest Thursday in person this Spring:
Current NYU students, faculty, and staff:
- Head to 370 Jay Street, 2nd Floor, Room 233 (the large room at the end of the hall with all the windows).
- No RSVPs necessary, you do not need to sign-up you or your game ahead of time.
- Arrive anytime between 5:30-7:30pm, and check-in with the PTT staff. Then you can set-up your game on any table per usual or just walk up to an open game and start testing!
- Masks are encouraged!
- All current NYU students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend in person. Sponsored guests who have been approved by NYU Campus Safety are welcome to attend. See the NYU Visitor Access Request Form here.
- Fill out this Playtest Thursday Visitor Request Form
- Once you fill out the form, you will be permanently added to the guest list for every Playtest Thursday occurring this semester.
- When you arrive at 370 Jay Street, check in with a Game Center Librarian in the front lobby to gain access to the building.
Playtest Thursday will be happening weekly 5:30-7:30pm February 2nd – May 4th, with the exception of Spring Break (March 16). The April 27th Playtest Thursday will be taking place on the 6th floor of 370 Jay Street. Playtest Thursday will wrap-up at 7:00pm on evenings with an event directly following Playtest Thursday (February 9th).