The NYU Game Center is currently seeking a Program Administrator to fill two major roles: as the Director of the NYU Game Center Incubator and as the Industry Liaison for the NYU Game Center. This position is a vital member of our administrative team who will be the Department’s main connection to the game industry and other communities of game creators and players. This role involves fostering communication and relationships between current students, alumni, studios, publishers, and community organizers, and providing critical support for early-career game designers.
The annual NYU Game Center Incubator program supports promising games in continued development and towards finding successful paths towards public release. As Director of the incubator, the Program Administrator will oversee all incubator operations, plan forward-looking strategy, and maintain relationships with the incubator’s advisory board, alumni, and current participations.
The Program Administrator will also oversee events and programs related to student career paths, from providing one-on-one student advising on internships to organizing career fairs. They will steer and facilitate outward communication for the department, including communication with potential industry partners and sponsors and local communities, as well as through managing the NYU Game Center’s social media accounts.
Along with other administrative staff, the Program Administrator will help create, develop, and execute the NYU Game Center’s popular series of public events, as well as activations at game industry events, such as the Game Developers Conference and IndieCade.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as Incubator Director and oversee all aspects of the NYU Game Center Incubator including program planning and development, maintaining and renewing relationships with the Advisory Board, incubator advisors and alumni, selecting teams and assisting with their projects in a capacity similar to an executive producer.
- Provide career support to students, including one-to-one mentoring and advisement, career event planning, and maintaining relationships with external hiring managers and opportunities for students.
- Act as the NYU Game Center’s main liaison with the game industry, developing partnerships, sponsors, student/career opportunities, and oversee all industry-facing communication.
- Oversee the NYU Game Center’s various social media accounts, including our Twitter and Instagram.
- Assist with the NYU Game Center’s many events, working with other administrative staff and internal and external event partners to develop, plan, and execute events.
- Represent the NYU Game Center at major game industry conferences, festivals, and events, overseeing on-site activations and communications.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years experience working in the game industry in any capacity. This could include game development, planning and executive game-related events, building and organizing communities for game creators, or teaching students.
- Ample knowledge of the game industry at large, career trajectories, and game production models and methodologies.
- Exceptional communication skills and comfort with an outward-facing role.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms and best practices, primarily Twitter and Instagram.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to stay on top of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Collaborative skills and willingness to work in a team environment with overlapping areas of work and frequent joint efforts.
This is an on-site position.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity