Help games get made!
The NYU Game Center is looking for a capable, detail-oriented technologist to provide technical support for our staff, faculty, and students. The ideal candidate has experience and interest in maintaining and upgrading hardware and software across the wide variety of platforms used in game development — including everything from VR to alt controller materials to vintage hardware used in the Game Center Open Library. Supplementary experience in areas such as audio and video systems, server administration, game streaming, fabrication equipment, photography, performing arts and event management is all valuable, but not required.
Job duties include:
- maintain department PC and Mac systems, keeping software consistent and updated, including OS and standard packages including Unity, Adobe CS, etc.
- manage use of department hardware, including inventory and tracking, ordering and anticipating new equipment needs, and managing loans of equipment
- provide technical support and troubleshooting for staff, faculty, students, and guests of the department
- assist students with large-format printing of design diagrams, board and card games, posters, etc.
- maintain department resources for the design of non-digital games, such as prototyping supplies, cards and dice, etc.
- manage A/V and technical set-up for events on and off-site, including A/V and recording (events are after-hours once a week, and two-four weekends a semester)
- assist librarians with technical needs for the NYU Game Center Open Library, which includes a number of vintage game consoles as well as modern gaming PCs
- help update information resources and project documentation on the NYU Game Center website
- assist with documentation of events and student projects
- act as department liaison to the IT office of Tisch School of the Arts