Basketcase – A social intervention game
A fun game to play with friends while shopping.
Grocery Shopping List
1) Gather at the Grocery Market
2) Place the Grocery Shopping List face up on the bottom of the Grocery Basket
The player carrying the Basket with all the items on the Grocery Shopping List is declared the winner.
– All players gather inside the Grocery Market at the entrance
– One player is randomly chosen to be the initial Basket Carrier. The player carries the Basket and proceeds to move around the market and play the game
– Every 5 seconds, another random remaining player is allowed to move around the market and play the game
– You may only pick up items from the Grocery List
– You may pick up items and place them into the Basket ONLY IF you are holding the Basket
– If the Basket Carrier crosses path with another player. The other player takes the Basket and is now the Basket Carrier.
– If the Basket Carrier has all the items on the Grocery List in the Basket, the game ends and the Basket Carrier is the winner.
– Players must always be moving. Players can only stop if they are picking up an item on the Shopping List
– Players may not run. At least 1 foot must be on the ground at all times
– Players may not walk backwards, or turn around to backtrack
– Players may not overtake another player