Join us on Thursday May 16th at 7PM for the NYU Game Center Student Show! The first class of NYU’s MFA program is completing its first year, and to celebrate, the students invite you to come play games developed in their first year of education. The semester-long projects from Game Studio II will all be on display, as well as a collection of work from Game Design I & II, Minimalist Game Design, and Game Studio I. A few select undergraduate projects will also be represented! The games from Game Studio II will be:
- Float through space in Kaleidoscope, an existential space crisis homage to Ray Bradbury.
- Team up with others in the networked spaceship battle game Asterisk.
- Try and escape a sunken Roman wreckage in the undersea puzzle game Octavia.
- Rediscover your childhood love of tabletop dungeon battles with the digital tribute Brutal Arena.
- Float through the trees and make the forest bloom with the Kinect game Jungle.
- Experience a trippy narrative experience on the tennis court with Text Tennis.
Refreshments will be served.