Semester(s) Offered: /
Course Call Number: GAMES-GT 129
Prerequisite(s): Game Studio I
Taught By: Matt Boch
In Project Studio, students will work alone or in teams to complete a single game over the course of the semester. Those wishing to take Project Studio must propose a concept or prototype to the instructor for approval. Priority will be given to students who propose a clear game concept or provide an interactive prototype. Teams, where applicable, should be formed before the start of the semester. The philosophy of the course is learning through doing, and the majority of student work time will be spent in actual design and production, which will be structured and guided by the instructor. This production time will be supplemented by in-class exercises, student presentations, critiques, playtesting, discussion, and visits from professional game developers.
Upon completion of this course, the student will have:
1) Developed an original game concept to completion.
2) Refined their production and project management skills.
3) Experienced the process of game development in a structured context akin to working at a studio, with a publisher, or as a self-sufficient independent game developer.
4) Presented their work to various audiences.
5) Expanded their personal portfolio significantly.