Since 2014, the NYU Game Center has been graduating students prepared for the myriad ways to work in the games industry. Christian Niedan from The Elective profiled five of our graduates (and one soon-to-be-graduate!) about their paths to the games industry. The article aims to help folks who are considering college better understand what careers in games can look like. It’s an excellent testament to the wide range of people, ideas, and career paths in games! The article features:
- Zeke Virant, MFA 14, currently game designer at @machinegames
- Brian S. Chung, MFA 20, currently Director at @TheSheepsMeow and Organizer at @GDoCExpo
- Winnie Song, MFA 15, currently Assistant Arts Professor here at the NYU Game Center
- Jeff Petriello, MFA 20, currently Producer at @halfmermaid
- Jordan Jones-Brewster, MFA 19, currently Narrative Designer of We should talk.
- Geneva Heyward, BFA 22, currently interning at Glow Up Games.