If you’re making a game, you need to playtest! Bring your work-in-progress game and get feedback from fellow game makers! No game is too early in development for Playtest Thursday, and all types of games are welcome. Bring your board game, digital game, VR project, new sport, anything!
Playtest Thursday is happening in-person this Spring with some limitations, due to NYU’s COVID-19 related event guidance.
Current NYU students, faculty, and staff
You can attend Playtest Thursday in-person! Here’s how:
- Head to 370 Jay Street, 2nd Floor, Room 233 (the large room at the end of the hall with all the windows).
- No RSVPs necessary, you do not need to sign-up you or your game ahead of time.
- Arrive anytime between 5:30-7:30pm, and check-in with the PTT staff (for contact tracing). Then you can set-up your game on any table per usual or just walk up to an open game and start testing!
- You must wear a mask. There will be no eating permitted at Playtest Thursday this Fall.
- All current NYU students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend in person. This is not limited to only NYU Game Center students.
If you are not a current NYU student, faculty, or staff
Per NYU’s current COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to have you at Playtest Thursday in-person at this time. We hope to welcome you back soon! In the meantime, we’ve got a remote playtest option set-up at Playtest Thursday! Here’s how it works:
- Your game will be set-up on a laptop at Playtest Thursday, and playtesters will be able to sit down at the station, play, and give you feedback via a video call on the NYU Game Center Events Discord!
- Join the NYU Game Center Events Discord (open to the public!): https://discord.gg/26MMzk9dcB
- To sign-up for a future Thursday, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/MAwDuQxPi4PHdega6
- A representative from the NYU Game Center will be in touch with you on the Discord to schedule your playtest.
- During your playtest, be live on the Discord from 5:30-7:30pm!
Playtest Thursday will be happening weekly 5:30-7:30pm February 10 – May 5, with the exception of Spring Break (March 17). Playtest Thursday will wrap-up at 7:00pm on evenings with an event directly following Playtest Thursday (Feb 17, Mar 10, Apr 7, Apr 21, Apr 28).